top of page
PRE & POST TREATMENT CARE
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT
We suggest that you exfoliate your lips before the day of the appointment.
If you have any history of cold sores, fever blisters, or herpes simplex, you must contact your physician to obtain and take the proper prescription medication to prevent such outbreaks for at least 4 days before and after the procedure.
Many physicians prescribe 12 capsules of 500mg Valtrex. Follow your physician’s instructions.
Two or three sessions may be required to achieve the desired results. It is not uncommon to lose up to 70% of the color on the first application.
AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
These things are important to keep in mind immediately after your treatment:
• Apply ice for the first 2-24 hours to reduce swelling.
• When the area starts to flake, leave it. Do not pick, peel or pull on the skin.
• Apply a thin coat of Aquaphor® or white petroleum (such as Vaseline®) to the area twice a day for 3-4 days, before showering and after cleansing.
• Avoid sweating such as from vigorous exercise for 24 hours.
For at least one-week post-procedure or until healing is complete (whichever is longer):
• Keep your hands clean and avoid touching the lips
• Do not scrub or pick at your lips
• Do not use peroxide or Neosporin on lips
• Do not lip the area to direct sun or to tanning beds.
• Avoid exposing the lips excessive moisture or humidity, such as facials, swimming, whirlpools (hot tubs), saunas, steam rooms, and steamy showers.
• Avoid Retin A, moisturizers, glycolic acids, exfoliants and anti-aging products at all times (not just during healing). These can cause pigments to fade and lighten prematurely.
• Avoid tanning beds, sun, chlorine spas and pools, soap and chemicals (including skin cleansers, makeup removers, alpha hydroxyl creams, and tooth whitening toothpaste) near
lips until healed
It is important to note that:
• Pigments will slowly fade over time according to one’s metabolism, skin type, sun exposure, medication, facial surgery, and smoking. Schedule maintenance visits as needed to keep it
• Periodic touch ups will ensure longer lasting results.
bottom of page